Using Facebook Milestones to Tell Your Story and Legacy
We love Facebook Milestones for Facebook Pages. For brands who have some history, it is a wonderful way in which to tell your story.
Here are a few things to consider
- Milestones work best when they are accompanied by strong visuals. If you do not have an appropriate graphic that tells the milestone story, any visual that contains the essence of the milestone is often better than no visual. Just make sure you have the rights to publish it.
- The milestone heading is important. It needs to grab attention and provide immediate context to the visual.
- The description is an idea place to insert your keywords and direct both the narrative and conversation around your brand, as well as improve your search visibility.
- Milestones are not a competition to see who can remember the most and add in every single detail. It is important to think through the following:
- Who are your audiences?
- What are you wanting to achieve?
- What story are you wanting to tell?
- What are your calls to action?
Milestones provide a chance for you to showcase your brands legacy and heritage, providing a level of affiliation, trust and assurance. Have fun and take pride in creating your brands milestones on Facebook as this will shine through.
Do you know of any brands who have used Facebook Page Milestones to good effect? Post them, or your own brands in the comments below.